Monday, January 27, 2014

Stories.

Hi everyone!

Paul exhorts fellow Christians in Titus 3:1-2 in the following way:

Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work,
to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men.

Being ready for every good work is tough. It takes prayer, patience, and, pervasive thoughts. Not dangerous or wrong pervasive thoughts, but, more properly, ideas that come from the life-thesis of amazing men and women in history. The life-thesis is a concept one of my pastors came up with; an attempt to determine one overarching sentence that ties a person's entire life together.
Throughout my life, I've seen dozens of people with fantastic life-theses. This blog will attempt to shed light on those people and how their good works have shown humility and Christ exalting love to the people they encountered. My hope is that the individual life-thesis from each of the people we examine will pervade your thoughts and cause you to look to Jesus always.

I'll do my best to post one story every few weeks. Please feel free to share it with others and ultimately, my hope and prayer is that this will encourage and bless each of you. 

Thanks,
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment